Sometimes the best thing that a computer system can do is play sounds, movies, and songs for the everyday user. However, there might be times when an error message advising that there are is no audio device can be displayed and thus ruin the entire experience as listening to a song is not very easy when there are no sounds coming from the system.
There are several things that can be done right away to try to resolve this issue. Here are some ways to try to resolve the no audio device error message that is displayed.
1. As common sense as it might sound the biggest issue that the message advising that there is no audio device available is because there actually is no audio device currently plugged into the machine. This can be usually caused by one of two things. Either the speakers that usually play the audio sounds are not plugged into a power source; or the cable that connects the audio device to the system has become unplugged.
2. The second reason that no sound comes from the system is because the mute button has been checked off in the Control Panel. To see if this is the case open the Control Panel and select Sound, there should not be any check marks next to the mute labels.
3. While in the control panel ensure that the correct speakers are selected as sometimes users will want surround sound to play but the audio device that is chosen is a different one than the desired audio device.
4. If there is no audio device selected there is a possibility that the sound driver is out of date which, is now the reason that it’s unable to locate a device to play the audio through.
5. If the no audio device issue has just arisen after the addition of another piece of software it is possible to use a restore point to go back to the previous setup and see if this will resolve the issue. Sometimes there is a corruption or conflict between software programs that can cause no audio device to be located anymore.
One of the best things about a computer is the multimedia aspect of it, and without sound it really is no longer multi but only visual media. This is why it is very important to have an audio device working correctly on the system. If none of the mentioned solutions helped out with the problem then many users will run a full registry cleaner as this will locate issues within the registry that could be causing the no audio device errors to appear.