Many times, and usually when we least can afford it to happen, our computer will encounter some type of corruption that can cause fatal flaws to the operating system. These flaws are often the result of an action of a newly installed program that has either corrupted a previously installed programs, or has a flaw in its own programming.
Either way these issues tend to lead to larger issues that create problems so big the operating system it’s self cannot continue to work. If this is something that you are thinking is familiar then you don’t need to worry as Windows has created a tool that is very useful for this type of problem, which is called a system restore.
Thankfully, many machine builders also added this functionality, and if you continue to read below you will find out how to use the Emachine System Restore tools.
The Emachine System Restore is a very useful tool as it has the ability to return the computer to a previous time state, which is usually great because the previous restore point is usually prior to the issues that you are encountering.
Listed below is the easiest way to do an Emachine System Restore with Windows XP.
- Log into Windows with an account that has Admin abilities.
- Restart your computer, and when the system is starting up again hold down F8.
- This will bring up the Safe Mode screen, and you will want to choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Choose your operating system.
- Use the Admin login information and login to the system.
- When the prompt page appears simply enter %systemroot%system32restorerstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Additional instructions will appear and guide you through the final requirements.
Now that you have initiated the Emachine System Restore tool you should be able to select a restore point that is prior to the time that you started to encounter issues. In most cases selecting a two week old restore point is often recommended as that is usually enough time to ensure the restoration is to a place where there were no fatal flaws within the system.
Article provided by SpeedMaxPc & Team