Bing toolbar was formerly known as MSN search bar. It was useful in many ways but the biggest disadvantage of this toolbar was the space consumption which was abnormally large. It takes up a lot of space resulting in slowing down the internet explorer and hence the whole system. The steps to be followed in order to remove the Bing toolbar from your computer are as follows-
1. The first step is to close all the running applications on the system.
2. Then the user has to click on the START menu and proceed to the CONTROL PANEL option.
3. Then you will have to go to the Add/remove programs option present in the CONTROL PANEL for Windows XP or UNINSTALL PROGRAM in case of Windows Vista.
4. Change programs or Remove programs have to be selected then from the top left corner but the position will vary depending on the OS( Operating System) used by the affected system.
5. The next step is to highlight and select the BING TOOLBAR from the list of programs provided in the Add and Remove PROGRAMS category. Then the user has to click on the Uninstall or Remove option present in the opened window.
6. It is necessary for the user to reboot the system. It will enable the system to complete the cleaning process.
Though this process enables the system to delete the Bing Toolbar completely, a problem arises very often. The Bing toolbar sometimes starts automatically when the user starts the Internet Explorer every time. Then the user has to delete the process from the processes option in the Task Manager. As the software is very strong, the .dll extension files do not get deleted and hence create a severe mess. Then the software has to be deleted manually following this rule.
The user has to locate all the files related to the Bing Toolbar present in the C drive of the system and remove them completely.
In order to remove the Bing Toolbar completely from the system, the user may use many other soft wares and processes available in the market. Their main motive is to remove all the leftover files, registry files and .dll extension files which are left behind. In this way, the system can completely uninstall the Bing toolbar without any leftover files which may cause serious problems afterwards.
It is recommended to not install toolbars from the internet as they tend to make the machines slow.