Service pack 3 cannot be uninstalled through control panel and Add and Remove Program.
To uninstall Service pack 3 or Sp3 you need to follow following steps:
1. Stop all the running programs.
2. Locate start button at the bottom left corner of your PC screen and click.
3. Look for control panel and click
4. Click on Add Remove Program
5. Look for Show updates, once located click on it.
6. Now in the list of updates look for Service Pack 3, once located select and click on remove.
7. If prompted with any confirmation window click yes.
8. Do not do anything or click on cancel just wait for the process to complete. Once the process has been completed click on finish.
9. Reboot your PC.
If you have successfully gone through the above steps, Service Pack 3 has been completely uninstalled from your PC. If you think the above procedure is bit confusing and lengthy for you can go through the following, relatively simple procedure.
Click on start then Run and type following:
And then press Enter.
It will trigger the automatic Service pack 3 uninstall wizard. Follow the instructions and then reboot your PC.
Service pack 3 is the third installment in the series of Service Pack. The First two are Service pack 1 and Service pack 2. A Service pack is actually a bundle of different updates, patches, enhancements and fixes for a software program, such as Microsoft windows.
The requirement of a service pack arrives when the number of patches and fixes of the software exceed certain limit. User can always install a service pack easier than installing different enhancements for the Windows.
There are number of software in market which actually works with a specific or latest service pack available for windows. Therefore it is important for the user to be updated on the availability of the latest Service Pack and install it, which can be done with the help of windows update System.
It can also be downloaded from Microsoft’s official website.
To know about the version of Service pack installed on the system, users can right click on my computer icon and then click on properties. When a Service Pack is installed on a system it replaces certain files with their updated version which helps in fixing of the bugs and other security problems. Thus makes the PC experience more pleasant.