Is Windows live mail not working for you? This is a common issue reported by a tons of users. Few users can’t even find a good fix for this particular issue and even after trying various solutions.
Windows Live Mail is an e-mail client from Microsoft. While sending an email, an error message may open up, with description “This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator.”
1. Reconfigure Email Account
2. Delete Browser Cache and Internet History
3. Make Sure that the Required Services are Running
4. Check Local Area Network (LAN) Settings
5. Fix Network Related Registry Entries
Reconfigure Email Account
Your existing email account may not be properly configured. Reconfigure it as instructed below to resolve Windows Live Mail Error.
1. Remove Existing Account:
a. Open Live Mail.
b. On the Folder Pane, your existing account may be displayed. Right click it.
c. Select Remove Account option.
d. Click Yes to confirm the action.
2. Create New Account:
a. Hit Alt + S.
b. Click Email.
c. Follow on screen instructions.
Delete Browser History and Internet Cache
Deleting the history and cache of your web browsers may help solving Windows Live Mail Errors. Corrupted files in the cache may cause this error.
1. Download PC Optimizer software that includes a System Cleaner.
2. Click System Cleaner tab.
3. Make sure that the checkboxes to clear your web browsers cache and internet history are checked.
4. Click Clean button.
Make Sure that the Required Services are Running
To resolve Windows Live Mail Error 0x80070057, make sure that the required services are running on your system. To do so, follow these instructions:
1. Click Start | Search.
2. Type Services.msc and press ENTER.
3. Right click and select Start option for the following services:
a. COM+ Event System
b. Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC)
4. Close Services tool.
Check Local Area Network (LAN) Settings
Windows Live Mail Error may occur due to incorrect LAN settings. You need to make sure that the Local Area Network (LAN) settings are properly configured. Do below steps to check your settings and reconfigure them properly:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click Tools | Internet Options.
3. Click Connections tab.
4. Click LAN Settings button under Local Area Network (LAN) Settings.
5. Check the box named Use a proxy server for your LAN.
6. Click Advanced button.
7. Uncheck the box named Use the same proxy server for all protocols.
8. Delete all the entries in all the textboxes that appears.
9. Click OK | OK | OK.
10. Close Internet Explorer and reboot your computer.
Fix Network Related Registry Entries
Registry problems related to the network settings, proxy configurations may result in Live Mail Error. You have to scan the entire system registry and fix the problems that found. You could use a Registry Cleaner or PC Optimizer to complete this mission.